September 20, 2009

If I Fail

If in my quest 2 achieve my goals
I stumble or crumble and lose my soul
Those that knew me would easily co-sign
There was never a life as hard as mine
No father---no money---no chance and no guide
I only follow my voice inside
if it guides me wrong and I do not win
I'll learn from mistakes and try 2 achieve again.

~by Tupac Shakur~



Open

Open the forbidden closed door...
but be ready to catch the things that
might fall out.

Look under the big bed at night...
but be ready to see monster-like faces
that sneer and glare.

Throw a ball in the house...
but be ready to fix anything that breaks.

Ignite the flame...
but be sure not to play with the fire.

Open the cookie jar...
but only take what you deserve.

Start going up the stairs...
but only if you are willing to go all the
way up.

Take chances...
but be prepared to take responsibility.

~by Sarah Kornhauser~

No comments:

Post a Comment